Sunday, February 13, 2011

February 12, 2011--Hot Air Balloon and Tramway on Sandia Mtn.

I just noticed that on my last blog I had February 10 it should have been February 11, 2011.

Saturday was a busy day for Walt. It took me until later in the afternoon before I felt much better. I believe I had some kind of flu. While I slept in Walt got up at 7 a.m. and went into Albuquerque to see over 100 Hot Balloons take to the sky. Here are a few pictures.





In the afternoon at about 4 pm we left home to drive to the tramway which would take us up to the top of the Sandia Mountains. We drove only about 10 miles before we got to the tramway station. The Tram car was very full because everyone were going to the top for Valentines Day. We had to wait for a car to come down the mountain to take us up again. It was only a 12-15 minute wait. When we got on the car we got on first so we made sure we had a window view. It was still daylight so I took a lot of pictures. It is the world's longest aerial tramway and you have a panoramic view of 11,000 square miles. You ride 2.7 miles up to the top of the peck at 10,378 feet. It was cold but not as cold as it was 10 years ago when we were their with Krista, Carl and Colleen. Yes, Colleen you have beeen there. We had a nice dinner and our waitress was very nice. She told us about her family and were they were located. We happened to be there before the rush of the evening. After taking some pictures we headed back to the tram car and landed safely at the bottom of the mountain.












End of day--More balloons tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment