Saturday, February 5, 2011

February 5, 2011--Art Museum in Albuquerque

We had a beautiful day today--the weather was great. The sun was shining when we left home this morning and the mountain was in full glory. The last time we were in Albuquerque we saw the mountains from our hotel window and I was stunned at the red glow at early sunset. We will have problems seeing that glow this time because the snow in on the mountain all the way down to the ground. So maybe some other time. We will be here another week so that may be good.

Today we went into Albuquerque and went to the Old Town. Our first stop was the Catholic Church in Old Town. San Filpe was the name of the church. I got some great pictures. The last time we were here I must not had a camera because I do  not remember having any pictures. We had Carl, Krista and Colleen with us.

We then went to The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History. What a great place. I would recommend it to any one. Very well done and very informative.

We also did some errands by going to the mall and Dillards. That is a department store and to Verizon to get my phone adjusted. What a line in Verizon and then I remember that today was the first day Verizon was selling Apple's IPAD. The service was very slow and it took two tries to get my phone working.

We went to church this evening so we can start out early tomorrow morning to drive to Pagosa Springs, Colorado, to visit my cousin. More on Monday when we get back home.

Picture Time:































TEENAGERS --LOOK AT THIS WOOD CARVING IN THE ART MUSEUM--NOTE THE STATUES AND ROSARY ON THE DASH











WALT WITH THE WOOD CARVING OF ST ISIDORE THE FARMER IN THE ART MUSEUM














No comments:

Post a Comment